Tuesday, August 11, 2009

In Love with Ekho

I must say that Double Helix's newest silver glass, Ekho, is a new favorite for me. It is a striking and reducing glass, and it keeps wonderful iridescent effects under encasement. There are some particularly talented artists that have played around w/ success in getting different colors, etc. Hayley, Karolen and Steph are three that come to mind right away.
They were encased w/ Double Helix's Aether clear which is only available once every few months since Jed and Julie have a stringent standard of quality- I got a half pound of seconds and wish I'd bought a pound or more since I'm blowing thru it at an incredible speed because it is such a nice clear. You would never know they're seconds comparing them to other clears like Effetre or Diamond Clear.

Deets: These were Ekho encased opal yellow w/ dots of clear, reduced and then encased. Easy peasy! It's so tricky to catch the iridescence.

No comments: