Monday, August 10, 2009

Art Imitating Life

My puffy mandrels got here Friday and I played w/ them all weekend trying to emulate beach stone-ness by fuming glass- curdled dk. ivory that everyone was in a furor over when quantities were limited.. was it last year? How time flies!
Using these take a bit of getting used to in order for the bead not to be wonky when you puff a bit of air into the mandrel. But I suppose this is part of the sets' charm since they are supposed to resemble beach stones, lol.
Hubby was nice enough to let me torch a few hours each day this weekend since our anniversary *7th* was yesterday. We hadn't made plans for a babysitter in time so we stayed home and putted around.
You'll have to let me know which you like better- etched or shiny.
*Ahem..Excuse me while I overload you w/ pics* :)

6 comments:

Doreen said...

Those are just beautiful!!!

Doreen said...

Oh, P.S., I like them both equally. I really like the etched and shiny together...seems more like something from nature that way.

Lora Hart said...

They're both stunning! I commented on you Flickr page this morning and now here they are in your blog! I'm seriously tempted, even though I don't use beads of any kind in my work.

Kelly York said...

They're both great! How gorgeous :)

Vickie Hallmark said...

OMG, Aja! Those are just gorgeous! Put some bronze spacers in there and it will be a drop dead necklace.

Aja Vaz said...

Thanks for all the compliments, ladies :)
Vickie, you read my mind- I need to pick out some pebbles w/ interesting shapes to use as molds...