Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hadar's class was fabulous and realized how nice it would be to have my own Makin's Professional Clay Extruder with an adapter to make TUBES! How ingenious- and time saving. I bought mine from Whole Lotta Whimsy since Michaels didn't carry it..so much for that 40% off coupon. What I did find at Michaels were those leeetle clothes pins that can hold your clay together for you. They were in the wood/dollhouse section, and I also found some round wooden beads I plan to use as molds.
My pieces that I worked on last week need some finishing before firing and I've just been putting it off since that's the part I hate the most. Meh.

Since it was a bit of a drive for me- about 2 and a half hours due to traffic- I wanted to cram as much as possible into the class. I managed to get two bracelets and a pair of earrings using 3 different hinging styles put together. Hadar had a smorgasborg of treasures - earrings, bracelets, necklaces, etc. that you could use as inspiration and examples. Her work is beautiful and intricate- the perspective view pendants were mind-boggling.

Now to just make myself take the time to finish those pieces-I suppose I could blame it on my little little man..nah.


No comments: