Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Big Daddy

The last few times at the torch I've been trying to work small, as you can see the smallest hollow bead is approx. 11x16mm. As customers keep asking if they could get smaller hollows, I thought it couldn't be too hard to make them smaller...Yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore and my hands decided to try and make the biggest hollow yet- it measures in at 37x49mm, which is nearly 2 inches across. And this made me think what else I could make bigger- smaller sculptural focals, perhaps? Who knows, the big daddy took me more than 30 minutes on my Minor torch and it was a decidely delicate dance keeping it warm enough. It's always nice to feel my creativity start to percolate and see new possibilities.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Whoah. That's a ginormous hollow! And a beauty, at that. :-)

Anonymous said...

wow, that is a big daddy! ;)

i love your beads, but i work with smaller beads. i hope you will make some more, they're gorgeous.