Sunday, November 7, 2010

Etching and Enameling

Etching on copper is a new concentration and I seem to be drawn to a fern/kelp motif. These etched discs are in the process of getting enameled and if I have time before the show (eeek!) etching the enamel so it's not so shiny may be in order. Apologies for the supadupa shiny copper, this is just a quick shot to show my progress. Those little round discs on the left are part of trying to figure out what color to use- so many choices. The counter enamel is now on the back side of the discs and after I clean the firescale off the front, they'll be ready for a couple more layers of enamel.

Perhaps I'll see you at BABE? It's the 13th and 14th- next weekend! Come by my booth and say hey if you're able to make it. :)

1 comment:

Judy said...

I must say I have an addiction to etching! I really look forward to seeing how the enamels look on an etched piece.