Monday, January 19, 2009

Bronzclay Playdate and the Refired Mistake

I try to meet up every month, when possible, with a group of lampworkers in the Bay Area- we call ourselves the Beady Gals.
Since I'd been interested in Bronzclay for a while, I ran the idea by the girls and we set a playdate to teach ourselves about Bronzclay. A couple of days beforehand I tried it out (see earlier post) and we were able to save time and make less mistakes when we met up.
The consensus seemed to be that although it was difficult to work with due to quick drying that caused brittleness, the price compared to PMC makes it worth trying to work around its pitfalls.



The beads from my dry run were able to be saved when they were refired properly, although they seemed just a little bit darker in appearance compared to the others.



No comments: